The Ultimate Street Brawler.
Think of the FZ1 as an upright R1 ready to take on the world. There's more fuel-injected power in that smooth 20-valve four-cylinder than most riders will ever use, in a sure-footed chassis. It's a rider's best ally, from track days, to commuting, to touring.
• Our ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
• Sculpted bodywork and a comfortable handlebar position for great looks and rider comfort.
• Adjustable suspension lets the FZ1 be dialed in for a wide range of uses—everything from urban assault to sport touring.
• Compact design, 998cc DOHC 20-valve engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
• Fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
• Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
• Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio.
• Carburized connecting rods with fracture split big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
• High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder lining reduces friction and maximizes heat dissipation for consistent power delivery.
• Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalizer and 02 sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations.
• Race-inspired curved radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
• Aggressive chassis geometry with Supersport inspired 51 percent front wheel weight bias. Provides quick and nimble handling.
• Short 4.8-gallon fuel tanks allows the rider to move into a forward position. Rider forward ergonomics move the rider into a position of great control.
• Cast aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member. Allows for optimal rigidity, light weight and superb handling.
• Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
• Controlled-Fill (CF) aluminum swingarm. Lightweight and tuned for excellent handling and tire grip; looks great, too.
• Fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and a single shock with adjustable preload and rebound damping. Tunable for sport touring or track days.
• 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers up front and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong and consistent stopping power.
• Removable subframe for easy maintenance and detachable passenger footpegs for even more stripped-down style.
• Light, five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
• Half-cowl fairing design features aggressive eye-catching naked bike profile.
• High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, dual trip meter with miles on reserve function, odometer, water temperature and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
• Two-piece seat serves up great comfort.
• Passenger grabrails provide passenger comfort while maintaining an aggressive appearance.
• Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
• Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight features a sleek, profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
• Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.